Restaurants Downtown Go Through Changes

Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken, will open a block from Metro Center in January, in time for Inauguration Day. The carryout res- taurant will offer about a dozen donut flavors, ranging from peanut butter and jelly to crème brulee, and fried chicken served either with but- termilk, a rub of dry spices or a sriracha glaze. Jose Andres is planning to reopen his acclaimed Minibar restaurant this month at 505 9th St., NW, the former home of Zola Wine & Kitchen. With the expanded space come expanded prices: the tasting menus will be $225 per person, up from $150. Andres and his company, Think Food Group, sold the building at 405 8th St., NW that once housed the restaurant and two others—the unique, pop-up restaurant America Eats Tavern and Café Atlantico. Belgian chef Frederik De Pue and his backers purchased the building and may open another restaurant this year. Also coming: Chix DC (1121 14th Street), the green restaurant with a Latin flair, will offer healthy fare in 2,200 square feet of space. Taylor Gourmet, the Italian deli and market specializ- ing in authentic hoagies and market goods, will replace Meatballs, the short-lived casual eatery, at 624 E Street.

Point Chaud Café & Crepes’s second Downtown location opened for business last month at 1100 New York Avenue. The open kitchen offers sweet and savory French pan- cakes, Illy—the authentic Italian espresso cof- fee—fresh gelato, smoothies and other fare. Embers Grill (80 F Street), serving up kabob, burgers, and side dishes such as chickpeas and hummus, also opened last month and is located near New Jersey Avenue.

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:47 AM web site

This text is invaluable. When can I find out more?

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:45 AM elite test 360

Hello colleagues, pleasant article and nice arguments commented here, I am truly enjoying by these.

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM Betsy

You actually make it appear so easy together
with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I feel I'd never understand.
It seems too complicated and extremely extensive for me.
I'm looking forward to your next publish, I will try to
get the grasp of it!

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM mass muscle supplements

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's
truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.
I'll appreciate if you continue this in future.
A lot of people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

Apr 4, 2014 at 3:21 AM Dog-Tube.Com

Why visitors still use to read news papers when in this technological globe all is available on net?

Thu, 24 Apr 2014 20:37:40 -0400