Merriment in Georgetown Begins Friday, Dec. 9; Party on Dec. 10
Get ready for 12 days of festive holiday shopping events and promotions at more than 50 stores and $2 parking, Dec. 9 through 20, along with dining specials, yuletide movie screenings and more festive fun in D.C.’s best shopping neighborhood. These holiday festivities are presented by the Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID).
• From Dec. 9 through 20, enjoy $2 flat-rate parking at select garages and lots throughout Georgetown when you present a Georgetown receipt of $50 or more -- after 5 p.m. weekdays; all day, Saturday and Sunday.
• Merriment in Georgetown Kick-Off Party, Saturday, Dec. 10, 1 to 4 p.m., in the PNC Bank lot at Wisconsin Avenue and M Street.
• Enjoy complimentary pedicab rides from Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom-GWU metro stations to Georgetown, noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10.
• Performance by the Georgetown University’s a cappella group -- The Georgetown Phantoms.
• Kick-off the holiday season with holiday-style “Don’t Forget the Lyrics” and gluttonous Fruitcake Eating contests. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to become a contestant. Chance to win fabulous Georgetown prizes!
• Enjoy Gourmet Cocoa Tastings from some of Georgetown’s premier restaurants and sweetest shops, sing holiday karaoke, and meet pets from Lucky Dog hoping to be adopted into a new home.
• Wear your most hideous, outdated or downright silly holiday sweater for a chance to win fabulous prizes. Capture that sweater in our photo booth.
• In the spirit of giving, Goodwill will be on site accepting donations to help those in need this holiday season. Make a donation and receive an “I Shop Georgetown” tote bag (while supplies last). Check the website, GeorgetownDC.com, for details.